门派:无门无派
注册:2006年6月27日
楼主
 用支付宝给kaohao付款或购买其商品,支付宝交易免手续费、安全、快捷! 点击这里发送电子邮件给kaohao

发贴心情
2008考研冲刺英语模拟试题一:作文
Part A

51. Directions:

\[A\]Study the following paragraph carefully and write a letter in at least 100 words.

\[B\]Your name is Li Ming, a student of the Department of Applied Physics, Tsinghua University. You hope to further your study in Boston University (Massachusetts, USA) upon your graduation next year. Now you are writing to the office of graduate admissions to ask for the Application Form and other relative materials.

The following points should also be covered in your letter:

1) your personal information;

2) the reason why you choose Boston university;

3) a brief study plan.

You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. (10 points)

Part B

52.Directions:

Study the following drawing carefully and write an essay in which you should

1)describe the drawing,

2)interpret its meaning and

3)suggest countermeasures.

You should write about 160200 words neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2. (20 points)

ip地址已设置保密
2007/11/25 11:55:55
kaohao
帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?
等级:【太守】
文章:130
积分:1429
门派:无门无派
注册:2006年6月27日
 用支付宝给kaohao付款或购买其商品,支付宝交易免手续费、安全、快捷! 点击这里发送电子邮件给kaohao

发贴心情

Department of Applied Physics

Tsinghua University

Beijing, China

Sept, 11th, 1999

Office of Graduate Admissions

Boston University

Massachusetts, USA

Dear Sir or Madam,  

I am writing to you in the hope that I may obtain an opportunity to further my study in Applied Physics toward master degree in your university.

My name is Li Ming, an undergraduate of the Department of Applied Physics, Tsinghua University (China). In the summer next year, I will graduate with my BS degree. I plan to continue my study and research in this field under the instruction of firstclass professors and in a dynamic academic atmosphere. I choose Boston University because there are a congenial team of researchers, an array of databases and research projects in your School of Physics. I believe my interests are extremely congruent with the strengths of the School. And my solid academic background will meet your general entrance requirements for graduate study.

I will appreciate it very much if you could send me the Graduate Application Forms, the Application Form for Scholarships, a detailed introduction to the School of Physics, and other relevant information. My mailing address is shown at the top of this letter.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

As is vividly portrayed in the drawing above, all the people are advocating individualism which is highly valued by most people who are living in our modern society. This drawing mirrors a reality in our society, which should arouse the public concern.

The implied meaning of the drawing can be illustrated as follows. To begin with, the overemphasizing of individualism is detrimental to our society. Since we are living in a social environment, we should attach equal importance to both individualism and cooperation. Otherwise, our society cannot keep balance and will stop developing. What’s more, individualism must sometimes come second. Many significant projects, such as bridge building, rocket launching and so forth in our society, must be conducted by way of cooperation. If we always take individualism as the priority no matter what we are engaged in, our social progress is bound to be hindered, which will do harm to the development of human civilization.

Countermeasures must be taken to curb the prevailing trend so as to return people a harmonious living and working environment. Most importantly, we must do our best to popularize the importance of cooperation.

ip地址已设置保密
2007/11/25 11:56:15

2   2   1/1页      1